Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Life Is A Gift

My Brother (who is a Cardiologist), had this on his facebook once. It is so heartbreaking and touched me so deeply that I decided to re-share it here:


"It's not everyday a photo can make my eyes a little watery:

Just a father and mother kissing their dying little girl goodbye. If you are wondering why all the medical people are bowing: in less than an hour, two small children in the next room are able to live thanks to the little girl's kidney and liver."


This little angel is a reminder to us all about how short life is, and how lucky we all are to be healthy and alive. We are all dealt different cards in life, and it's easy to become jealous of someone that has something we want but can't have. Remember, someone else out there would be happy just to have your health, so instead we should learn to love an appreciate the things we do have.

God bless her soul <3

xoxo,
Lilly Ghalichi

11 comments:

  1. This is a heart breaking and life changing post. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, as an aspiring doctor myself, it is stories like these that push me to study hard so that I can help those in poor health. You are beautiful lilly, hopefully by the time I finish school and can afford nice things I won't be too old to look gorgeous and dress fab like you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! And, I used to think the same things (I'm going to be so old, fat, full of wrinkles etc by the time I'm a lawyer), but that is so NOT true. I've been done since 2008, and I'm still wearing little dresses, and I feel hotter in them now than at 21. As for being able to afford them, get that MD and you'll be set for life. There's no such thing as a poor doctor. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank you doll :)

      Delete
  3. So sad thank you for sharing this little Angel with us.God bless her xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and heart breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just made me cry! Thanks for sharing! xox

    ReplyDelete